Wednesday, January 23, 2019

New Companion and Enjoying the MTC


Hello! Hope everyone had a good week. I sure have. After the unexpected news that I would not be going to Ukraine this past Monday, I was a little disappointed for a day, but now I am just so excited to be able to possibly serve the Lord in Denver! It's been an opportunity for me to grow my testimony of God's plan for me. Obviously this change was unanticipated on my end, but not for God. If God wanted me to be in Ukraine right now, I would be in Ukraine, but instead he has given me the chance to hopefully be a good influence on the Elders staying in the MTC currently, as well as help the new Elders coming in be more comfortable and provide them with a friendly face that they can turn to in their times of need.

A picture of my old district and my new district last week after a trip to the temple. My new companion is Elder McSweeney, second from the left. He is from Rugby, England and will be serving in St. Petersburg.


I also cannot wait to go and serve in Denver! Honestly I have never been more excited to serve than I am now. It'll lessen the harsh learning curve of missionary work. I'll be able to practice teaching in English, contacting in English, and making friends with members and people all in English, so by the time I get to Ukraine hopefully I will be an expert at everything except for Russian. This change of events reminded me of a scripture. In Alma 17:29 Ammon is a servant of the Lamanite king, helping take care of his sheep with the other Lamanite servants. Their flocks are scattered and the other servants begin to cry because they fear that they will be killed for losing the flock. Ammon, rather than becoming saddened or fearful, rejoices within his heart that the Lord has given him this opportunity to show them the power of the Lord and give them the message of the gospel. I have decided to adopt that same attitude. Rather than be sad that I am not going to Ukraine, I am so happy that I have the chance to serve the Lord in an unexpected way, in the city of Denver speaking English.

Me and my new companion, Elder McSweeney


I know that the Lord has a plan for each and every one of us, and when something happens that goes against what we were expecting, we should just go with the flow rather than push back against Heavenly Father's will. I know that if we are humble and submit ourselves to his will, becoming his servants, he will bless us tremendously and we will always be happy. I love this gospel so very much and I am so excited to go and spread it's happy message wherever the Lord wants to send me! As long as I'm doing what's right, I know that the Lord I will be sent where I'm needed, and I know that that's true for all of our lives. Love you all so very much. Keep reading your scriptures, saying your prayers, and doing what's right!

 - старейшина Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.