Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Ashton's Thoughts on Visa-Waiting to Denver

Hello mama!
This week has been very awesome. It was really sad to say goodbye to all the amazing buddies that I made in my district as well as the other one that came in at the same time as me, but honestly I'm not bothered at all by this opportunity to be here for an extra week as well as the chance to serve in Denver. You and Dad's response email to the news sounded more disappointed than I was hahaha.
I've been thinking about that a lot lately - how this is clearly not an accident. There's nothing that happens to us that the Lord didn't want for us to happen. That means, out of all the missionaries that left earlier this week that could have been sent to Denver, the Lord put his trust in me to be the missionary to go and serve him in two different missions for a short period of time. There's somebody - or hopefully some people - that really need me out in Denver, and that just makes me so ecstatic. Honestly I am so excited to go to Denver mama. So so happy that the Lord has put his trust in me to do this, and that I can go and make a difference in that mission if I work hard and try my best. Out of everyone in my district, I was the first to put in my visa papers, and the only one to not get it, so clearly the Lord has something in plan for me. It reminds me of a scripture - in Alma 17:29, the other servants to the king helping take care of the sheep are weeping because they're afraid of being killed, but Ammon is so excited, because this is a chance for him to show the gospel and the power that he has. That's what I think about my transfer, rather than weeping or being sad that I'm not going right to Ukraine, I'm excited because this is just an unexpected turn for me in a plan that our Heavenly Father has personally curated for me. Same with your story about Pathway. We may not be able to understand why things the way they are, but as long as we have faith in the path Heavenly Father has put us on, everything will be alright and we will be blessed for following along his plan of happiness designed for us.

That's exciting that you all have a pass [to the Legacy Center]. Sounds very fantastic. I haven't been very good at exercising here, I just play volleyball and 4-square and speed, which is exercise, but it's not like serious exercise, you know? So when I get into the field I'm excited to get into some real exercise and I'll be walking around all day and things.

Good on AliDab for being a good pack mule with her car. I wasn't very good at that hahaha but hopefully I did a good enough job for you. I promise I'll be a better son when I come home :)

Love you so very much my mamasita. Thanks for emailing me, I really appreciate it.
Love ya
Hugs and kisses too
старейшина Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.