Thursday, January 31, 2019

Trip to Denver

This letter to me (mom) the day after he arrived in Denver. The day before we were able to talk to him for a little bit while he waited in the airport. We had some technical difficulties with the pay phones, but luckily a nice member there at the airport let all the missionaries use his cell phone.


Hi mama!

Yeah it was super weird with the pay phones in the airport. They were pretty terrible to say the least. Ate up tons of my coins and things. Totally a waste of money, so thank goodness that the kind member was willing to let all of us use his cell phone. It really meant the world to me to be able to talk to you and Dad. I don't know why, but it got to me so much harder than it did when I skyped you and the family. I was bawling so badly talking to you and Dad on the phone. I'm sure you heard it when I was talking, but I could barely say anything I was crying too often. It was just so good to hear your voice and Dad's voice and to hear how excited you were to talk to me. Probably the best experience on the mission so far.



The picture [see pic above] came from this girl on the train on the way to the airport - her name was Madi and had just gotten home from her mission like 3 weeks before. She said "Hey, do y'all want a picture? I'll take it then you can give me your mom's number and I'll send it to them." We said yes of course. She read out loud the reply but didn't respond. I can't remember exactly what you said - something about my smile I think. Thanks so much mama. I love you so much.

I've been here in Denver for over a full day now. I have two companions - Elder Barrick and Elder McMullens. They're both super awesome and really fun. It was their P-Day today, and since we only got put together and out into the actual field at around like 2 o'clock, we had to do a lot of other things before we could get to some real work. We taught a message to a member and did some contacting! I'll keep striving to be good like you said and to love people. I need to be more brave! It's scary to talk to people, but I'll try harder. 

Also, my area is a little bit of the Denver city downtown itself! It's a super diverse part of town and really exciting. Also, the Broncos stadium is in my area, so one of these days I'll go snag a picture by it.

Love you so much mama. So so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.