Monday, July 29, 2019

July 29, 2019

July 29, 2019

Me in front of a mural of an old Ukrainian hut and the surrounding landscape at a bus stop. I love Ukraine so much.
This has been an incredible week! I've been having such a blast. It's been hard work and good times, not much more that I could ask for.

Me and Elder Jack, a missionary in the area right next door, eating some AMAZING barbecue at an American restaurant in our area.

We also got transfers this week, and I'm shipping off to Chernihiv! It's a small city a few hours to the north of Kyiv. It will just be me and my companion in this city with a small branch of around 20-25. It'll be really interesting to be so isolated from other missionaries, but I'm so very excited for this wonderful opportunity to serve in a cool place. It'll be a really awesome experience. I'll miss Kyiv and the amazing ward here, but I'll be back soon enough.

Me next to this amazing car that always sits right next to our apartment, featuring Jesus and Satan locked in an epic arm wrestle. Thankfully, we already know who's going to win this one.

This has been such an incredible week. We met with our wonderful investigator Ira who asked us some amazing questions. She has a really hard time making it to church because of her health and her children who are really trying to stop her, but she's doing her best.


We went to this wonderful family's house earlier this week - Anatolli and Tamara. They're members of our ward and are some of the nicest people in the world. they told us their amazing story of finding the church, where they met some students from BYU-Idaho in Germany and noticed something special within them. Years later, they discovered the church and had that same feeling and eventually joined. They made us some amazing food and told us hilarious stories of missionaries who have served here earlier. Also, he gave us the most AMAZING homemade pickles. Absolutely incredible. I'm 100% convinced me that I need to make my own pickes once I'm an old man.
Us with Anatolli, Tamara, their daughter, and their HUGE dog. It suddenly started to rain ridiculously hard right when we were taking the pictue, hence the faces.

I was able to be a part of one of the most spiritual experiences I've had on my mission so far. The sister's investigator from Ghana, Innocent, was baptized. Elder Larson baptized him and I was able to give him the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday in Sacrament meeting. Thankfully it was in English, so it was really easy comparatively to Russian. It truly was an amazing experience and I am so glad to have been a part of that. The mission has truly opened my eyes to what is most important in this life, which is the wonderful gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful to have had a part in helping this man come closer unto Christ and this chance I have to be a servant in the hands of God.

Love you all so much, have a great week!

--
Старейшина Дэй

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.