Monday, July 22, 2019

July 22, 2019

July 22, 2019
This has been such an amazing week. I don't even know where to start honestly, just so much happening.
Me in center Kyiv

One thing that has been awesome, our new investigator, Иаков (Jacob in English) is progressing so well. He's been keeping his commitments and his faith is growing. Watching that take place in someone is just so amazing. It's really amazing.

We've found other really awesome investigators we're trying to work with. It makes me really scared about transfer dates. I'm scared about being shipped out of here after working so hard. Whatever the Lord wants to have happen will happen though.

We met with this awesome guy from North Carolina. We had a quick lesson with him before he moves back to London. Unquestionably the coolest American I've ever met here. He'll keep meeting with missionaries in London so that'll be super awesome.

Also, we had the greatest Sunday that I've ever had on my mission. I just love the members here so much. I have grown so much in my love for Ukraine and it's people.
Me eating shawarma, this wonderful food from central Asia. The man who owns the stand is from Uzbekistan. It makes your heart and intestines hurt after, but it tastes so good.

One of the coolest people that I have ever met on my mission is unquestionably our bishop. He is one of the coolest, nicest guys in the whole world. He served his mission in Eastern Ukraine (currently where the war is taking place). The other day we met with him before church to talk about members we're working with and discuss our investigators, and he just told me how he loves how happy I am. That I'm just a happy guy, and that when I show up he knows everything is good. Made me feel pretty good. I just love the ward here.

Besides that, just some more contacting. Trying to make things happen. I love serving on a mission so much.

Me in front of our church building. 

One of the most fun things that I've been doing that has really increased my spirituality is making my own footnotes in my scriptures. It's been so fun to connect different topics and just broaden my spiritual scripture knowledge. I just love the scriptures so much and the wonderful opportunity I have to study this gospel. I just love it so much and the peace and joy that it brings into my life and helping other people to see that too. I'm so grateful for everything.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.