Monday, April 8, 2019

Hard work and volleyball

This week has been one of the busiest weeks of my life. Every single week I keep saying to myself "I have never been this tired before" and yet every single week I seek to set a new personal record. I am exhausted and I love it! I am so happy to be out here serving the Lord. I am so happy to be doing the Lord's work. There are some days where it is so hard, but there is nothing more satisfying than trying my best to help people come unto Christ.

Picture of my district.

One thing that was really special was that I got my first phone numbers this week! Up until this point I have never received a phone number while contacting out here in Ukraine, but this week I was able to receive three. I was so excited. I started off asking all of them if they knew English and then transitioning into how we're volunteers here for our church. They were interested in learning more. Made me so excited.

Something else that was really fun this week was we played volleyball with a lot of investigators and people from the ward. People here LOVE volleyball and have been requesting it so we decided to make it a wonderful opportunity to get people into the church and have a good time. It was really successful in terms of turnout, but the quality of volleyball was not the best, to say the least, hahaha. So much fun though.

Besides that, this week has just been full of teaching people and contacting. Nothing incredibly notable, just days being absolutely full of things to do and places to be. One thing that has been such a blessing this week is the opportunity to watch general conference. What a blessing we have to be able to hear from a living prophet. If you haven't had the opportunity yet, I would highly encourage you to listen to conference and hear the wonderful words from the Lord.

I love you all so very much. I hope you have a great week and continue to feed your soul and strengthen your faith. I know that this church is true and that the gathering of Israel is happening. As our beloved prophet has said, it is happening and it is our choice as to whether or not we want to be a part of it.

Love you!

Additional note to Mom:
Love you so much, mama. Hopefully, I responded to most of your points in our phone call. So great to talk to you and the rest of the family. I love you all so very much. It's so fun that we're able to call so much more than 4 times on our missions now. Makes me feel so happy to see you all and be able to tell you all about the greatness of serving the Lord. Hopefully, it's uplifting for all of you and a pleasurable experience.

[Referring to General Conference] But yeah, I can't believe they didn't say something about missionaries! Crazy :)

Also, something that's hilarious that I forgot to say - people here think it's so funny that my name is Day. They think it's hilarious. They love to call me "Good Day" and make jokes about it hahaha. What a great name we have.

Love you all so much. Have a great week. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.