Monday, April 8, 2019

Going to L'viv

April 1, 2019 (7 days ago)

This week was an amazing week and just a week of miracles.
Me in front of an amazing building in L'viv.

This week we were so busy. So ridiculously busy. We had to go to the other side of Ukraine to L'viv for a training conference which was amazing. It might have been my only chance to go visit L'viv because they only send Ukrainian speaking missionaries out there. Luckily some people were nice enough to speak in Russian when we needed to figure out where we were going, but they hate speaking Russian over there. It felt almost like a different country. Amazing experience. One thing that was horrible though - we missed our train ride home! It's about an 8-hour train ride, and we only missed it by three minutes. Horribly disappointing. We had to get a train for way later and it was going to be an overnighter with the horrible little tiny beds. Luckily, in the downtime, we got some amazing Georgian food, but the train ride back was horrible. Undoubtedly one of the worst night's sleep that I've ever had in my life. Luckily though, I did survive.

A super delicious restaurant in L'viv.

This week was just filled with lessons. Absolutely filled. We taught 7 lessons to 8 people and almost all of them went really well haha. One thing that was so great that happened this week was we had three people come to church! We received a referral from a member. His name is Arash and is Persian. He was interested in the Book of Mormon that he received from another Persian member in our ward and came to church. The best part is, he brought his friend too! They're just amazing. I just love the people that we teach so much. There's nothing I want more than to help them come unto Christ and help them find salvation. I just love this work so much.

One thing that went incredibly well that we were really scared about was that we had to teach the second hour at church this week. We planned this huge lesson about helping encourage members to do missionary work themselves and how they can do that in simple, easy, nonscary, meaningful ways. We were really nervous but it went incredibly well. Absolutely an amazing blessing of the Lord. At the end we passed out these cards for a special Easter meeting we're having later in the month and people just kept asking me to give them more and more so they could invite more and more people. It made me so happy to see them so excited to do missionary work. I know that as we try to go and share this gospel with those that are important in our lives that we will be blessed. I would encourage you all to try to continue to be a missionary! As it was once said: "Preach the gospel at all times and if necessary, use words."

Today for PDay we did an escape room as a district. It was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle themed. Needless to say, it was a blast.

Besides so much work this week, there's not really much to talk about sadly. I just cannot express how much fun I'm having. It's so much fun and so, so much hard work. It's unquestionably the greatest thing that I have ever done. I just want you all to know that I know that Jesus lives. I know that if we put our lives in line with Heavenly Father's will for us, we will be blessed beyond belief. I have seen it as I have come on a mission. I love you all so very much. Also, I hope you're excited for conference! I cannot wait.

Love you all so much, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.