Monday, June 17, 2019

Goodbye Elder Whiting

This week has been a sad week! We said goodbye to Elder Whiting this morning which was really sad. He was such a blast to serve with and we worked so hard together. I'll miss him so very much.

This week church was crazy! We had so many people come to church this week that we had no idea what to do. It was legitimately overwhelming it was so amazing. 

Sadly though, even though people came to church, nobody actually wants to have lessons with us, which leads to lots and lots of contacting! I actually love contacting though, it just makes you feel so good to be going out trying to spread the message of our wonderful Savior, Jesus Christ. 

The gift of tongues is absolutely real. It's still so hard, but Russian has been coming along a lot better so far this transfer which is making me so happy. It is still a major challenge, but I'll keep pushing and keep on trying. 

Sadly there's not much to report on other than that I love my mission so much. I'm so grateful for this wonderful opportunity I have to serve the Lord. It has brought so much happiness into my life and has strengthened my testimony so much. 

I love you all so much! I hope that you have a wonderful week!
Me in front of the temple in Kyiv.
Me and Elder Whiting standing next to our "bab-guard" which is our nickname for the old grandmas who guard the apartment buildings. She's amazing and loves us so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.