Monday, June 3, 2019

Awesome Ward Picnic & the Gift of Tongues

This has been an awesome week! Honestly, there's not really anything super exciting to talk about, but man it's been a blast. Missionary work is so much fun and so much hard work. I'm so tired but I love it so greatly. Some highlights from the week:

We got a new companion! Elder Larson, from Washington. He's super awesome. He's been on his mission for a year. We'll be in a trio for a while until Elder Whiting goes home and then Elder Larson and I will be left to hold down the fort.
[This picture is the missionaries after playing a form of soccer and football. I can't remember what Ashton called it, but he says it is tons of fun and lots of exercise.]


We've been contacting a lot once again which is actually so much fun. I just enjoy it so much.

We had an awesome picnic with the ward this week. Pictures will be included.


[Ashton said the meat was amazing. It was pork and one of the members thought these pictures would be so funny. They were at the meeting house which is next to a river with lots of trees.]



We did a Minecraft escape room last week with our sisters. Needless to say, that was a great way to say goodbye to our old district.

Minecraft escape room



Elder Ashton and Elder Whiting



Besides that, it's been a blast.

Spiritual thought this week - we have to work for the gift of tongues and blessings in general. When I really try to contact and talk to everyone I feel like Russian comes so much more easily to me and I can understand so much more. It's become so clear to me that if I want the Gift of Tongues, I have to want it at all times. God will only give it to me if I show him how badly I want it. That's how it is with all blessings in our life. If we truly want these blessings, we have to show our faith and work for them!

Eating with the bishop's family.


Love you all so much

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.