Monday, May 20, 2019

Temple and Fruity Dino Bites

May 20, 2019
This week has been such an amazing week! One of the most absolutely busy weeks but super great.

It all started off with interviews with President earlier this week which was so fun because we got to hang out with Sister Kumferman at their house. She is the greatest ever. We played Ticket to Ride together while we waited for our interview which was so much fun. I love my mission president so much, he's the greatest man in the world.
Me and Elder Whiting and Sister Garner with some amazing members from Moldova during our temple trip.


On Thursday we went to the temple because tons of people who Elder Whiting worked with in Moldova came up to do some sessions at the Kyiv temple. It was amazing to be with them during their first time going through. It was really fun, because in a weird turn of events we were able to do back to back sessions, which was a really interesting experience. It was just a huge testimony builder to me of how much I love the temple. It truly is amazing how special they are and lucky we are to have so many in the world.

Friday we had zone conference, which was super awesome! It's so much fun to see all these amazing missionaries that I've become friends with as well as learn some really interesting doctrinal information. Then we came back to our church and played ping pong with some members and an investigator. Super fun.
Another one of God's greatest gifts to us, Fruity Dyno-Bites, was gifted to me from an awesome missionary in our zone. It's my most favorite cereal in the world, so it was certainly a tender mercy.


We've dropped some investigators this week and met with some others that haven't been able to meet in forever, so overall a good balance of work going on. We're trying super hard to find some more people but you know how it is sometimes.

I talked in church again yesterday. I was sweating bullets the entire time hahaha it's so scary when I don't know half the words I'm reading off my paper. Went well though. The members complimented me, saying that my Russian is certainly coming along "step by step" hahaha. That's nice to know that it is improving though.

Also, we had a super fun contacting session with the sisters on Sunday. We walked around with a whiteboard that had the question "What makes you happy?" and tried to get people to write on it. We met some amazing people through it and had a blast of a time. Those little tender mercy times make serving a mission the most fun thing in the world. I'm so very grateful to my Father in Heaven who has given me so much, including this wonderful opportunity to serve him. I love you all so much, and I hope that you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.