Sunday, February 17, 2019

Second Week in Denver


Mon, Feb 11, 2:54 PM (6 days ago)

This week has been amazing! The first week out here was such a challenge, getting adjusted to missionary life and everything, but this week has been full of amazing experiences and absolute joy. Missionary work is becoming fun! I didn't think that would happen, but I'm really enjoying being out here and helping people to come unto Christ.

This is Elder Hugie on the left, the funniest zone leader in the world. Then my companion Elder Barrick in the back, and then me.


One amazing thing that happened while I've been out here is the guidance of the Holy Ghost. Yesterday we went out to go talk to some less actives and past potentials in the area and to try and see if we could schedule some time that we could come over and visit. On our way to another person's door, I felt that we should turn around and head up to this small apartment complex and knock on some doors. As we did we found one person that was a member that wasn't on our list and wants us to come back and to talk, a man who was sick that day but really wants us to come back and hear about our message, and then when we were walking back down the timing was perfect. There was this woman who was walking up to her door and I said 'Hi! How are you doing?' And we started this little conversation. I eventually said that we're missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and she said that she knew! Her daughter used to take the lessons when they lived in Kansas and she said she thinks they would be really interested in meeting with us again. I was absolutely ecstatic. The spirit absolutely directed us to the right places that day and hopefully, we'll be able to capitalize on the experiences that we had with them.

One thing that's really funny about the area is the crazy people here hahaha. There's a certain bus stop in the area that always has a crowd of people at the stop but none of them ever get on - it's just the place where all the crazy people get together to hang out and smoke funky stuff that you can get in Colorado. The people are always, ALWAYS a little loopy and don't ever really make much sense when they talk to me. They do some really funny things though - the other day this lady was talking to this man who was trying to get her Medicaid or something, a very confusing conversation, and suddenly she just gets really angry, makes a triangle with her hands, and says "I am with the Illuminati! Submit yourself to our will or give up your soul!" The man just said "Nope. You can't do that. Only God has that power." the lady then turned around, began to walk briskly, and said, "That's it, I now have your soul." I was so surprised. I was struggling really, really hard not to laugh. It was just so absurd. Thankfully, I think that man is safe. Like he said, only God has that kind of power and the Illuminati is pretty powerless in this world.

I'd like to leave off with something that I have come to realize over the course of this mission. There is absolutely nothing that is more important in this world than the gospel. It brings so much joy into our lives and so much happiness and peace. I am so very grateful for the opportunity I have to spread this gospel with people and to invite them to come unto Christ. I want to leave you with a scripture that has been on my mind for the past week - 2nd Nephi 33:6. "  I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell."

I love this scripture so much. We can have the same relationship with Jesus that Nephi has, where he glorifies in his Jesus. As we seek to come unto Christ, we can glorify in our own Jesus too. Although it's the same Jesus for everyone, he atoned for us individually. He loves us all as individuals, and he knows us all by name. As we seek to come to know and to learn of Jesus, we too can glory in our very own Jesus. One great way that we can do that is through the Come Follow Me program. I would encourage you all to keep studying with it and receive revelation through its lessons.

Love you all so much. Have a great week!

старейшина Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.