Wednesday, January 9, 2019

A Great Week!

This week was a great week! One of the greatest blessings that I've noticed so far is that it seems like the language is coming along much better than before. It is still a huge challenge, but the Lord surely is blessing me. One of the greatest moments from this week is when we were teaching our "fake" investigator, Viktor, and we asked him if he could talk to his boss about not working on Sundays so that he would be able to attend church. He said he wasn't sure. I was then able to tell this story of when I asked one of my bosses if he wouldn't schedule me on Sunday because I wanted to keep the sabbath day holy. My boss was very understanding and understood that it was what I believed so didn't schedule me on Sundays. I told Viktor that he should ask his boss too and he will be understanding as well. It just felt so awesome to be able to tell the entire story in Russian! The gift of tongues is certainly real and everyday that I continue to progress with this language is certainly a testimony of that. Without the Lord, I would not be able to accomplish anything. It is all through him and I thank him for everything that he has given me everyday.


Me and Elder Perry and Elder McQuivey in our class.


One thing that has been really quite fantastic and has helped me a lot throughout this week is I have begun writing down 3 things that I did well for that day everyday. On the days where I've been discouraged and feel like I didn't accomplish as much as I would have liked or that I'm not doing well enough, once I force myself to think back and look at what I've done well that day it is not nearly so gloomy. I would encourage everyone to take the challenge and to write down three great positive things that you were able to accomplish that day. It has made a major difference for me, and I hope that it does the same for you!

My companion didn't want a picture. haha


One last great thing that was very prevalent from this week - I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ so very much, and I know that they love me so much too. My favorite song in the whole world is "My Heavenly Father Loves Me". It is a testimony of how much Heavenly Father loves us through how much he has given to us. Everything that we have is because of our loving Heavenly Father. I am not giving up anything to come on this mission, because everything that I have been given is from my Heavenly Father. This is one of the only opportunities I may ever have to give back to him with my agency. That's why agency is so amazing and powerful - it is the only thing that Heavenly Father has given us that he cannot take away, and that is why I have chosen to serve a mission - my choice of serving him for two years is one of the only things that I can give back, so I try my best to make the most of it and give as much as I can to my dear Heavenly Father.

Love y'all, hope you have a great week. Keep doing the basics and you will never fall away!

 - старейшина Day

(sorry I don't have any pictures mom, this week was really boring in that regard haha. I'll try harder next time. Love ya)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.