Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Russian and Ukranian

Ashton mentioned in his first email that he would have to learn Ukranian too. This week I asked him how that works. This was his response.

"And yes, I really am expected to learn [Ukranian]. I have two books all about learning Ukrainian that are very similar to my Russian books and I have every single pamphlet in English, Russian, and Ukrainian as well as a Preach my Gospel in English, Russian, and Ukrainian. It’s not very different from Russian, but it’s definitely not the same. My Russian teacher went to Kyiv, learned Russian in the mtc, but speaks Ukrainian too because he learned it in the field. I’ll be doing the same thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. As long as you are a friend of Ashton, your comment will be accepted for him to see later. Thanks for reading and supporting Elder Day.